Montag, 6. Juni 2011

On a little trip to Cologne

Yesterday I came back from Cologne, well, what a weekend!
A friend of mine won tickets for a Sunrise Avenue concert and asked me if I wanna join her. The band is not exactly my taste of music but hey, it's for free. The only thing that bothered me was: how do I get over 300 km to Cologne without paying too much? For a band I love I'd go even 1000 km, but in this case, I was thinking of not going. At least I've gotta admit: I went there because of the supporting act, one night only.
In the end we two bought a group ticket for 40€, 5 persons, had two guys that joined our train-journey, one guy that was almost from the beginning with us was really handsome and in our age. We had fun during sitting there ;D The only stupid thing was: we just could take the local traffic with our tickets. So it took us 6 hours to get there. But we only had to pay 10€ per person. On our way back we had no passengers, so we paid 20€ (each of us), but that was cheap compared to over 90€ we would had to pay with a high speed train (in which we'd only spend 3 hours). Anyway, we had time. And gaggled all way long. But we were a little tired because we talked on Friday night until Saturday morning 4 o'clock, also because I had a show on Friday evening. Well, not tired. Just...weird.
We arrived at 3 o'clock in the afternoons, so we had time to take a look into the famous dome and took some quick pictures:





We also set down at a little café at the dome and ate cake :D
Then we made our way to the concert, that was better than I expected. We were in front row because we won special tickets. First ONO played. The vibe (one of the fav words of the band's singer I guess :D) wasn't that cool at the beginning. As it always is when thousands of people wait for the main act. I only saw Lotte and me dancing and screaming a little. Maybe there were some others trying to heat up the crowd behind us. I think so, because the guys really were great! Guess I'm a fan now. The singer, George, who has birthday on the same day as I, he's just one year older, modeled for Burberry with Emma Watson. Maybe some girls only screamed because he looked that good. Not my taste, but definitely good lookin. The guitarist was cuter. But as looks doesn't matter, I'm judging because of sound. And they sounded nice.
Some photos here (I made more videos :D)


My friend even screamed "I love you!", which was very funny :D The presenter even came to her asking her to scream into the mic to win a meet&greet. But she didn't want to. Because she's too shy and also because we had to catch the train after the show.
After all that jumping with ONO we saw Sunrise Av. First I thought they were just another nice little pop-rock band. Hitting no note etc. But they were really good musicians! Especially one guitarist (he even danced a little ballet at the end, so funny). Of course the vibe was awesome because almost every one got there to see them, everyone was singing along, they did a little medley of famous songs in strange versions, of course their own songs, well, nice. I jumped and danced, though I'm more the head-banging type (okay, the music wasn't metal enough for that). Here too, a little photo:
The singer was so funny :D
We got to the aunt of my friend at midnight by train, stayed over night, talked til 2 o'clock or more, really a nice family, we had terrible thunder and in the train home in the morning we met two girls that we got to know at the concert. At 2 in the afternoons I got home, got a decent meal (the only one since three days) and slept two hours before I had another show. It was really surprising that I didn't fall asleep in the breaks when we didn't have to dance. It also was surprising that I didn't make terrible mistakes because of sleepiness.

For my conclusion: Concerts that far away on such a hot day are a sweaty thing. I dressed up so nicely but felt so not nice because of that. Note to self: I should wear a hat on a concert or festival open air every time now. Great cover for sun-haters like me. Also great cover against photographers. But next time: No vests! On the other hand I'd felt incomplete without a matching vest only wearing black jeans and a shirt.
Oh and now it is official for me:
Festival season has begun! Even without me at Rock am Ring :D
But next time I'll save some money for RAR. I'm so jealous of a friend who was there this WE.
Reminder: My Chemical Romance is next on the list. 2nd of July also on that Coke-promotion-anniversary-whatever tour, as this concert. We HAVE to win tickets. And ONO is there again ^_-

2 Kommentare:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, you're lovely!